The ChopMaster™ featured in two configurations allows the chopping of sheet glass and Cane with virtually no hand strain to easily and quickly…
- Cut sheet glass for casting, mosaics and to refine stained glass shapes
- Chop Vitrigraph cane and rods into consistent lengths with flat cuts that stand on end beautifully.
The complete set includes the Base Unit with Tool Attachment Bolt, Handle Sheath, and Cane/Rod Gauge with two stops and a rubber cane rest.
ChopMaster™ Top Tips
- Hold the cane in your dominant hand and put your index finger on the bottom jaw of the nippers behind the wheel. You will not get pinched and this stabilizes your hand and makes it easy to advance the cane quickly.
- Stop the cane just before it gets to the rubber stop. If it’s too close, it will get stuck between the rubber and the jaws. Once you get the hang of this, you can really start cutting quickly.
- Once you have 1 and 2 down, be sure to keep the cane parallel with the table to get straight cuts.
ALWAYS WEAR SAFETY GLASSES WHEN USING THE Astral Glass ChopMaster™!!!!